Change or reset your password
You can change your password for security reasons or reset it if you forget it. Your Google account password is used to access many Google products, such as Gmail and YouTube.
Change your password
- Sign in to My account.
- Under 'Sign-in & security', select Signing in to Google.
- Choose Password. If you see a prompt to sign in again, sign in.
- Enter your new password, then select Change password.
Reset your password
- Go to the Account support page.
- Follow the instructions. You'll be asked some questions to confirm that it's your account, and an email will be sent to you. If you don’t get an email:
- Check your Spam or Bulk mail folders
- Add email@example.com to your address book.
- Request another email.
- Check all email addresses that you might have used to sign up for or sign in to your account.
3. Choose a password that you haven't already used with this account. Learn how to create a strong password.
Fix problems with your password
If you're having trouble resetting your password or can’t sign in to your account, get more help.